Student Support Services
Welcome to the Department of Student Support Services
The Department of Student Support Services is a resource for schools and families to respond to student’s individual needs. We work directly with schools, students and families by providing district-level interventions and support to students.
The Department of Student Support Services provides the following resources and services to the district, students, and parents:
- Consultation to schools regarding best practices in the areas of attendance and student discipline.
- Facilitates attendance court proceedings with Berrien RESA.
- Facilitates and manages long-term suspensions/expulsion processes in Benton Harbor Area Schools (BHAS).
- Collaborates and works in conjunction with the other BHAS departments to provide services for the most impacted students in BHAS.
- Partner with several community agencies to serve students and their families.
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act.
- ADA Section 504 Plans
- Nondiscrimination Policy (Title IX) compliance
- School and District Safety
- School registration
- Student records
For questions or additional information:
Chief of Student Support Services
Office: (269) 605-1044